Today, Pres. Barack Obama is coming to Kenya on board Air Force One.
Soon I will head to town and take some pictures of the town in it's current state during this period in time.
I will keep you guys updated with how the country is doing from time to time. This is gonna be the most exciting event in Kenyan history.
I went out to town with my mom and driver and this is what I got:
- There were Kenya, Nairobi and U.S. Flags everywhere. From Westlands to the Airport.
- The Dreads (Chevy Beasts) were refueling at a Shell petrol station and the US flags are selling like Hot cakes.
- Major roads have been closed down.
- People on the streets are talking about it.
- People are on about the 1998 Bombings.
- Fears of attack (not seen or heard from me but are rumored).
- Wilson and JKIA closed for Obama.
- Kogelo family members visiting Nairobi.
- Major businesses are using this moment as an opportunity (can't say the same for the street merchants).
That is it for now...
- The lighting bolt has struck
- The God Zeus has descended
- The Eagle of Freedom is on the Lion's Pride
in other words:
OBAMA IS HERE!
He visited family and met Kenyatta then they patted each others backs, Obama met Kenyatta's family and then the eagle left nest. It was AWESOME! Not the day I was expecting but the trouble I went thought was worth it. Now t get on with my evening.
- Obama visited the 1988 bomb site, laid a wreath and payed his respects to all victims of both countries.
- Had dinner with friends and family
- Discussed with Kenyatta about gays, business, wildlife etc.
- Started the GES with a bang
- Looking into his father's roots ans his own
- Started trying to speak Swahili
You guys should see the streets. The long awaited visit from the US president broke many hearts when they did no even get to see the beasts. This guys is really a guy that I could respect. Not just for his position but for the similarities that he shares with Kenyatta. What a great guy.
After all the 21 gun saluting from Kenyan Navy at State house yesterday to today's appearance at Kasarani stadium, Mombasa road, Obama has really tied the US and Kenya in the terms of ecological and economical development. After a young man who memorized the entire bible at 23 revised his entire victory speech I was convinced that Obama is worthy of his title as leader of the worlds most powerful nation. Thank you and good luck in your excursion to Ethiopia
As I close this journal I want to say that even though I did not get to see everything that happened around Obama in the three days that he was here, It was an awesome experience for both Kenya the US. Kenyans get higher opportunities for art and business and the Us has a new ally. Thank you president Obama. May you come back soon.
JMK Over and Out.